Monday, April 26, 2010

George W. Bush memoir set for release on Nov. 9

The Christian Science Monitor is reporting that former president George W. Bush's memoir "Decision Points" is set for release on November 9. While his wife, former First Lady, Laura Bush's memoirs are due out early next week.

While I was not a big fan of a lot of the things that Mr. Bush did during his eight years in office, I anticipate reading his memoirs. With the attacks on September 11 happening only nine months into his first year in office, I strongly believe that he didn't get a fair shake at running this great country of ours. I look forward to hearing about this time in our history from his point of view and I wonder if there are anythings that he would do differently if he were given the opportunity (not that I am saying we should give him another chance).

Also from the article on Christian Science Monitor:
"Laura Bush's memoir "Spoken from the Heart," will be released next week on May 4, and I hope to learn more about the former president in his wife's account of her own experience. Given that she revealed relatively little of her own perspective during her husband's years in office, Laura Bush's book may prove a particularly powerful draw."
I also anticipate her foresight into those eight years.

Credits: Marjorie Kehe, Christian Science Monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment