Friday, September 7, 2012

I am sorry (but I will not stop)!

It wouldn't matter if you are a "friend" of mine on Facebook, if you follow my tweets on Twitter, or my "pins" on Pinterest, or if you simply read this blog, chances are that over the course of the past two weeks, I have at some point filled your News Feed with political posts. I'm sorry for that, but I am passionate about politics, the upcoming presidential election in particular.

You see, I strongly believe that this is one of the most important Presidential Elections of my lifetime (all 29 years of it). Important not only for my generation or my children's generation, but for the United States as a whole. I believe that we have two candidates who are offering fundamentally different plans on how they would move our country forward as President.

I know which candidate I am supporting and why.

Having said that, I am not one to try and persuade folks to vote for or against a candidate. So many folks want to tell you why you shouldn't vote for the competition. To me, it is more important to tell you about my candidate and what he stands for than to spend my time dissing the opposition. Then, based on the facts that I give you about my candidate, you can make an informed decision as to whether or not you wish you support them.

During the election season, many folks (the candidates included) spend a lot of time spreading half-truths about the competition. I said I wouldn't spend my time dissing the opposing candidate, but because this election is so important to me, I will spend my time clearing up misinterpretations and misrepresentations that others put out there about the candidate which I support.

Choosing whether to support or not to support a candidate can be a hard enough decision. There is no use, and it will do neither candidate any favors, if their supporters spend from now until November 6th throwing out falsehoods about the competition.

I have apologized for filling up your news-feed, but I am not going to stop. You see, I think it is imperative that the folks on both sides are given an ample opportunity to explain why their candidate is worthy of the Oval Office. There are so many out there that have yet to decide whom they are going to support. If just one of my tweets on Twitter, blog entries, or statuses on Facebook can help an Undecided Voter reach a decision, then I have been successful.

If you choose to "unfriend" me or stop "following" me because of my incessant posts, that is okay. I certainly do not wish to lose contact with you, but I understand. It can be a bit much.

Thanks for taking a moment and allowing me to explain myself. I look forward to sharing this election cycle with you.

GOD's love and blessings to all,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment