Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All about me!

Many of my entries lately have been dedicated to basketball. What can I say? I am an avid sports fan - especially basketball - especially in March. So, when I logged in this morning, I decided that my first entry of the day, the one that I try to squeeze in before the kids wake up, or shortly thereafter, would be an update on me.

First off, an update on my health. Two weeks ago, I went to St. Joseph and had the lumbar puncture, the Cisternogram, and the MRI. Since all of the dye that had been injected into my spine had went up into my brain and came back off as it should, my Neurosurgeon determined that the fluid that was on my brain, had beem there for some time. He then gave me to options. One was to have a fairly invasive procedure to have a shunt inserted which would serve a dual purpose. It would drain the excess fluid that is already up there and it would also divert the flow of the spinal fluid away from the enlarged ventricle. The other was to let the fluid stay where it is and manage the pain from the resulting headaches with prescription pain relievers. For obvious reasons, I chose the latter.

Work has been much of the same lately. After my tiff with my boss over getting the days off that I needed for the above mentioned procedures, I wasn't even sure that I was going to have a job anymore. Not to mention the fact that I had a cash issue that same day. Thank goodness, it all worked out though. Now, we have two new empoyees and instead of the usual 23-26 hours that I am scheduled. I only got scheduled for 20. Not sure what is going to happen but I guess that only time can tell. I am not terribly fond of that job, but it is a job and it gives us the money that we need to buy groceries and the necessities that we need. Not to mention that it affords us a few small luzuries.

I still can't believe how blessed I am. GOD has provided so much for me and I know that even the health troubles are in HIS master plan for a reason. I have a beautiful wife who is so smart and so talented. I have two children who are so smart and have personalities beyond imagination. And best of all, THEY ARE ALL HEALTHY! Thank GOD for that and thank GOD for them.

- b

No comments:

Post a Comment