Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 3

My wife. No amount of praise could adequately express how much I love, respect, treasure, and adore her.

We have been through so many life-changing events together. The births of our two amazing children. My (seemingly unending) sicknesses. Financial struggles. The loss of loved ones. Some amazing highs and devastating lows. Through it all she has been amazing.

Next June, we celebrate 10 years of marriage and are in the process of planning a Vow Renewal ceremony to celebrate.

I look forward to spending every year that I have left in this life with my wife. I know sounds cliché, but she really is my better half.

To steal Simon Greene's line from 'Guess Who' (because my wife LOVES that movie):

"That's just it, she's everything I'm not. You know, she's my other half. Without her I'm not whole. You know the thing about meeting your other half is you're walking around, you think you're happy, you think you're whole, then you realize you ain't shit without her. Then you can't go back to being just a half 'cause you know what it's like to be whole."

No comments:

Post a Comment